When are Permits Required?

Generally, permits are required for any activity that would constitute altering, removing, filling, dredging, or building upon an area under the jurisdiction of the Commission.

An application is to be filed with the Commission prior to undertaking the activity. For small projects, an "Administrative Review" may be all that is needed.  Any questions about whether a proposed activity requires Commission review should be directed to the Conservation office.  Please note that alteration includes the cutting of trees and/or vegetation.