Community Preservation Act
Town of Wellfleet
Guidelines for Project Submission
The Town of Wellfleet is pleased to be able to offer the attached application form for Community Preservation Act Funds. These funds are available for the following purposes:
- The acquisition, creation and preservation of open space
- The acquisition and preservation of historic resources
- The acquisition, creation and preservation of land for recreational use and rehabilitation of outdoor recreational facilities
- The creation, preservation and support of community housing
Applications must be typewritten and ten copies of the application and all supporting documentation must be submitted to:
Applicants should obtain quotes for project costs whenever possible. If not available, estimates may be used provided the basis of the estimate if fully explained.
Requests must be received by October 15 of each year to be considered for recommendation at the Annual Town Meeting in April. Unless an applicant can demonstrate that a significant opportunity would otherwise be lost, applications submitted after this date will be considered for the fall Special Town Meeting.
Review by the Community Preservation Committee
Once the CPC has determined that an application is complete, the project sponsors will be given an opportunity to present the scope and details of the project to the CPC.
The CPC will submit its recommendations for the use of CPA funds to Town Meeting for approval.
The Wellfleet Community Preservation Committee encourages proposals that address as many of the following general criteria as possible:
- Contribution to the preservation of Wellfleet’s unique character, contribution to the vitality of the community, and contribution to the quality of life for its residents
- Consistency with Wellfleet’s Local Comprehensive Plan and other planning documents
- Affordable cost
- Service to a currently under-served population
- Acquisition of threatened resources
- Strong community support
- Preservation of a resource or opportunity that would otherwise be lost
- Leverage for additional public and/or private funds
- Service to more than one CPA category