Open Space Committee Meeting
October 5, 2021 at 4:00 pm
This meeting will be held virtually via Zoom Video Conference, in accordance with the temporary suspension and enhancement of the Open Meeting Law requirements by Governor Baker. Instructions for a Zoom video conference meeting, which also allows phone dial-in, are given below.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/91783648929?pwd=TERidXpJcUdkZUlBbldvYzk3emkydz09
Meeting ID: 917 8364 8929
Dial by your location
+1 929 205 6099 US
Public Comment – 4:00-4:05 PM
Corrections to agenda / Adopt agenda
Approve minutes of July meeting
- Chair – Bruce Hurter
- Vice Chair - Tom Slack
- Property Management – Fred Streams/Bruce Hurter
- Trail Guides – Lynn Southey
- Elementary school – Peggy Sagan
- WCT – Bruce Hurter
- Friends of the Herring River – Lynn Southey
- Housing Partnership – John Grieb
- CPC – Fred Streams
- NRAB – Tom Slack
- Review grant information and reconsider 5 Year Plan. Need for LAND program property. Subcommittee has met. Review goals.
- Consider rotating chairmanship.
- Titles on properties in Cons Com Care, update
- Review CPC Needs List
- Review access issues. Are there projects in which to become involved?
Properties for consideration
- Article for transfer of OSC recommended properties (Map 30 -186, wetlands in Blackfish Creek, and Map 42-137, wetlands at end of Bayberry Trail) was accepted for review at a SB meeting and has been forwarded to other committees.
- Other properties for consideration, and new properties for sale:
- Map 29 - 400 and 505 to CCC; Map 36 parcels 288, 289; Easement on Agger property 41-178.1. Pyles’ property on Map 42 has decreased asking price. Will follow.
- Meeting with Housing Partnership. Sept 30th
- Question of OSC involvement in possible inspection of all Town owned properties, as suggested by Mr Curly, SB.
- Discuss possible meeting change to 4:30
Next meeting date