Recreational Shellfishing: A long and valued tradition on Cape Cod.
Recreational permits are for non-commercial use only; these permits are issued to allow you to enjoy the activity of shellfishing as well as the fruits of your labor!
Not sure where to go shellfishing; how to obtain a license or what equipment you may need? The answer to these and many more questions are available in our frequently asked questions section.
- Aquaculture Information
- Commercial Shellfishing
- Directions to Shellfishing Areas
- Herring Regulations
- Recreational Shellfishing
- Report on Climate Change and Potential Impact on Shellfishing
- Shellfish Advisory Board
- Shellfish Department Operations Plan
- Shellfish Permit Information & Fees
- Shellfish Rules and Regulations
- Shellfishing Maps
- Useful Links