**As of June 17, the playground, skatepark, and basketball court are open. Tennis and Pickleball courts remain closed. Please adhere to mask and social distancing guidelines.
Signage will be installed at all beaches reminding people that:
- They need to maintain a 6 foot distance from each other
- For out of town visitors a notice that the Governor has issued a 14 day quarantine.
- Beach visitors are asked to ‘carry in and carry out’ any trash they create and dispose of any trash at home.
- Visit this page for more information: https://www.wellfleet-ma.gov/beaches
Statement from the Beach Director
April 30, 2020 - Updated June 17, 2020
What will the Summer of 2020 look like at the beach?
- On Tuesday, April 28, 2020, the Selectboard approved the recommendation of the Emergency Management Team to not sell day passes at Wellfleet’s White Crest Beach. This decision was made to reduce the density of people on the beach.
- There will be no daily passes sold at White Crest this summer.
- Only people who have purchased Wellfleet Resident stickers or visitors who have purchased Three Day, One Week, Two Week, or Seasonal stickers will be able to park at White Crest.
- On Tuesday, May 12, 2020, the Selectboard approved the recommendation that the date that stickers will be required is May 20th. Gatekeepers will be at the beaches starting on May 20th; lifeguards come on duty, as usual, starting June 20th.
- On Tuesday, June 9, 2020, the Selectboard approved the recommendation that the date that visitor beach stickers will go on sale is June 13. Lifeguards come on duty, as usual, starting June 20th.
- On Tuesday, June 16, 2020, the Selectboard approved to restrict MacGuire Landing (Aka LeCount Hollow) beach to resident and non-resident taxpayers only. No visitor stickers will be permitted at this location through Labor Day 2020.
If you are a Resident or Taxpayer with last year’s Combination Sticker or Resident Beach sticker, you will be fine because your 2019 sticker does NOT expire until June 30th.
All visitor stickers will be valid no earlier than June 20th, the third Saturday in June.
What will be different?
- There will be no in-person Beach and Transfer sticker sales this year.
- Visitor stickers will be sold online only after June 13th.
- Stickers can be mailed in advance, if you have the proper paeperwork, or they can be picked up at the Beach Sticker Office between 3 and 4 pm, Saturday throug Wednesday.
- Please call 508-349-9818 with questions.
- All beach parking lots will have approximately 25% of the spaces unavailable for parking to reduce the density of people on the beaches. If beachgoers fail to observe social distancing, that percentage could be increased.
Please check-in and follow this page so that you can keep up to date with all developments. This summer will be different and sometimes confusing and frustrating. We are trying to make the beach a part of it, even with restrictions as needed.