Wellfleet Recycling Committee / Virtual Zoom Meeting
Tuesday, JUNE 2, 2020 at 12:30PM
This meeting will be held virtually via Zoom Video Conference, in accordance with the temporary suspension and enhancement of the Open Meeting Law requirements by Governor Baker. Instructions for a Zoom video conference meeting, which also allows phone dial-in, are given below.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81913953105?pwd=RUE0QUFvdTNQZ3dPMURXZDAzM0lOdz09
Meeting ID: 819 1395 3105
Dial by your location: +1 929 205 6099 US
welcome, introductions, announcements
1. Transfer Station Recycling Center services update
2. COVID-19 public spaces and beaches update
3. Take Care Cape Cod, CARE for the Cape & Islands messaging
4. Alternatives to plastic aquaculture equipment: introduction to research interns.
Discuss stipend or other assistance.
- Community Cutlery request OCT 2020 wedding: 250 forks / knives, 125 napkins,
120 wine glasses, 100 small plates, 70 dinner plates, and 30 beverage carafes.
Discuss gathering / purchasing additional tableware.
- Energy & Climate Action Committee liaison / Social Media posts / Virtual Fixit Clinic /
Green Foodware Lids
6. Updates on recent projects:
a) Summer 2020 initiatives
b) Cooperative purchasing/Buying Guide
c) Water bottle refill stations
d) Producer responsibility for packaging, Mass. Bill H.750
e) Fall Tax insert deadline SEPT 1
f) Regional plastic water bottle ban, Town Meeting OCT 5
Minutes and Reports
Next meeting: July 7
Bethia Brehmer, Lonni Briggs, Jed Foley, Jaya Karlson, Jane Sharp
Christine Shreves, Lydia Vivante, Chris Wisniewski