Pay As You Throw (PAYT)
- The Wellfleet Pay As You Throw (PAYT) program will begin on December 1, 2013
- The Transfer Station will only accept PURPLE PAYT bags stamped with the Wellfleet logo and PAYT information. PAYT bags from other towns will not be accepted.
- PAYT bags are for household trash only - not for recyclable material
- Wellfleet's purple PAYT bags are available in three sizes:
- 8 gallon ($.50 per bag; $2.50 for a roll of five)
- 15 gallon ($1:00 per bag; $5.00 for a roll of five)
- 33 gallon ($1.50 per bag; $7.50 for a roll of five)
- Wellfleet PAYT bags are available at the following locations: Mid-Cape Home Centers (Orleans & Wellfleet), Rite Aid (Orleans), Shaw's, South Wellfleet General Store, Stop & Shop (Orleans & Provincetown), Wellfleet Marketplace, Wellfleet Spirits Shoppe
- If you are experiencing financial hardship and are income eligible,* please contact Health Agent Hillary Greenberg-Lemos at (508) 349-0308 or email@example.com to see if you qualify to receive free Wellfleet PAYT bags. (*Income eligibility includes but is not limited to persons who reside in low-income housing or affordable accessory dwellings, enrolled in Medicaid, Mass Health, DVA benefits recipient or any other subsidized health care network, family members accepted in free or reduced lunch fee programs, WIC, food stamps, Meals on Wheels or any other nutritional supplement program).
370 Coles Neck RoadWellfleet, MA 02667