The charge of the Wellfleet Energy Committee is to investigate, study and recommend viable methods for achieving energy conservation and for utilizing renewable sources of energy within the Town. This will include:
- Establishment of energy and emissions inventories for the Town and the setting of goals for energy and emissions reductions.
- Assessment of the scope for energy conservation and for renewable energy use in Town buildings and by Town transport
- Recommendation of feasible projects for energy conservation and for renewable energy use
- Review of Town by-laws to promote energy conservation and renewable energy use
- Educational outreach for Wellfleet citizens
The Energy Committee will work in cooperation with other Town Board and Committees, as well as with Town employees, in carrying out its charge. This will include but not be limited to: a) cooperation with the Building and Needs Assessment Committee in assessing the efficiency of energy use in existing and new Town buildings, and b) assistance to the Town Planning Board in assessing the efficacy of Town by-laws. The Committee will also seek the cooperation and assistance of relevant governmental agencies, non-profit organizations, businesses and the general public.
|Richard Elkin||Chair (06/30/2018)|
|Charles P. Cole||Vice-Chair (06/30/2018)|
|Lilli-Ann Green||Secretary (06/30/2017)|
|Robert Shapiro||Member (06/30/2019)|
|Jeff Tash||Member (6/30/2018)|
|ChristiAne Mason||Alternate (06/30/2019)|
|David Meads-Fox||Alternate (06/30/2019)|